[lug] Speaker for Dec. Meeting

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Fri Dec 6 17:35:30 MST 2002

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 02:17:49PM -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote:
>This seems similar in spirit to the Evening Of Demos we did in June.

At the NCLUG meeting this month we were also short a speaker this month.
As I mentioned at Hacking Society last night, we decided to do a
"Hacking Society Demo" session, where a bunch of us from Hacking Society
demonstrated various things that we'd been working with or on.

I'd be willing to demonstrate a few things:

   Linux Software Suspend (a kernel-supported "hibernate")
   Device Automation -- Doing the right thing automatically
      PCMCIA -- Modifying the scripts to do the right thing.
      usbplugd -- A daemon I built that runs particular scripts based on
            USB plug/unplug events depending on vendor/device IDs.
      autoether -- Run start/stop scripts when an ethernet cable is
            plugged in.  My "smart script" does different things
            depending on where it is.

Sean
--
 The blood of the guitar was Chuck Berry Red.
                 -- Meatloaf