[lug] Dialup problems, KRUD 7.3, FRII, KDE

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Sat Dec 7 00:13:26 MST 2002

I have 2 dialup providers. Both work with KPPP, but KPPP has been misbehaving
since I upgraded from 7.2 to 7.3. It looks like control is not passed back to
the 'Kicker' task panel properly when pppd is activated: Kicker hangs until
the kppp process is closed, then reports that it was unable to start pppd,
but running ifconfig or ps -ef while the Kicker is hung shows that pppd is
running.

The connection with FRII does not work with wvdial nor rp3, but the Hawk
connection works fine with both of those. So I'm sure the modem settings, etc
are correct. (I am seeing the same behavior with 2 different modems...)

Does anyone know where kppp keeps it's settings? I'd like to try to figure out
why KPPP can connect to FRII and the other programs can't.

Alternatively, does anyone have settings for rp3 or wvdial that work for FRII?

Or, does anyone know if kppp works properly in RedHat/KRUD 8.0?

Thanks

Elyse