[lug] rpm build question

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Wed Dec 11 08:30:32 MST 2002

Hi all, I realize that this might be best sent to a specific RPM list, but I
thought I would quickly shoot it over the bow of you guys first.

I have a sort of "best practice" type question for building an RPM.  Very
simply, I've created an SRPM that will install an app, along with its
appropriate man pages (dur).  However, on RH 7.3 and 8.0, one of those man
pages is now included in the standard man-pages rpm so it causes a conflict.
On 7.2 and below it is not and I want to include it in the installation.

Is there logic that I can put into the .spec file that can identify the
rh-release and then only include the man page when it is needed, or should I
create two SRPMs, one with the file and one w/o?

Thanks all,

Jim