[lug] rpm build question

Harris, James James_Harris at maxtor.com
Thu Dec 12 08:28:14 MST 2002

> The correct way (IMHO) is to use a %if to control wether that file is
> installed.  For example, say you want to only install a "alias.1" man
> page if it doesn't exist...
>
> At the top of the .spec file do:
>
>    %define hasaliasman %(if [ -f /usr/share/man/man1/alias.1.gz ]; then
> echo 1; else echo 0; fi)

Thanks for these suggestions!  This was the type of approach I was hoping
was possible, but one whose syntax I was not sure how to approach.  I like
your suggestion of checking /etc/redhat-release and will use that method.
It should work excellently.

Thanks much for the suggestion(s) all that offered them!

Jim Harris