[lug] setuid in redhat >= 7.3

Charles Menzes charles at lunarmedia.net
Thu Dec 12 20:57:54 MST 2002

A quick google shows a lot of people asking questions very similar to this
one, however I'm not seeing any responses. A few setuid perl scripts that
I have on a RH7.2 machine run just fine, however moved over to 7.3 and
they all get the "Can't do setuid" errors in the logs. Is there a way to
remedy this? I'm using Passwd::Linux in my script which I think will be
the sticking point for requiring setuid.
I've read in the google links that its a kernel change that is the
culprit. Is there any way out, without downgrading kernels?

thanks -c