[lug] typesetting programs

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Fri Dec 13 10:39:33 MST 2002

* On 2002-12-13 17:29 Solveig Haugland <solveig.haugland at earthlink.net> wrote:
>  Hi,
>
> Intro: I'm a contract techwriter and author in Lafayette.
>
> Does StarOffice or OpenOffice.org sound useful for typesetting? The XML
> structure makes non-GUI editing pretty slick.

Well, if I was doing a simple 3 fold brochure or postcards, I'd use
OpenOffice.org.

If I needed to do a newsletter, with background images, text flow around
irregular areas and the like, I'd probably give OpenOffice.org a try, but
I'm not sure how well it would do. I just haven't tried it.

What sort of typesetting are you trying to do?

                            http://www.tummy.com/