[lug] Web Browsers and MTAs

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Thu Dec 19 14:59:58 MST 2002

You don't say anything about the context (is this for yourself?  for an
organization?).  I don't know which version of Mozilla you have tried,
but it has made great strides in performance (Mozilla 1.1 is currently
my favorite browser--Java appears broken in 1.2).  It even runs
tolerably on my Pentium 266 laptop.

Are you saying that you want an integrated package for both e-mail and
web browsing?  Galeon and (I understand) Phoenix are much faster than
Mozilla, but I don't think either one offers e-mail functionality.

Opera is quite fast as well, but I have issues with it's rendering.

-d

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 at 14:41 -0700, SoloCDM soliloquized thusly:

--
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish
we didn't." Erica Jong (b. 1942); US author