[lug] Sharing of CD ROM...

David Morris lists at morris-clan.net
Thu Dec 19 22:16:23 MST 2002

On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 05:39:46PM -0700, Mr Viggy wrote:
> Well, yes, but I thought there was a way to export a CD directly.  I
> guess I'll do that (just trying to learn more new stuff)...

In the past, I have shared out CDs by simply sharing out the
directory the CD is mounted on using NFS...never had any
problems as NFS shouldn't even know if it is a CD something
else that mounted there.  Odd that you are having problems,
or are you trying to share out the device directly rather
than an already mounted CD?

--David