[lug] ssl mutt & pop

David Owen Kritzberg david.kritzberg at colorado.edu
Fri Dec 20 14:31:40 MST 2002

Hello,

I have email at CU, and take my mail from CU's servers with POP onto
my linux box using sendmail.  Then I read mail with mutt.  This may
not be a very good way to arrange things, but it has been working fine
for me.  I would like to keep using mutt and keep CU as my mail
server, and I think I would like to continue using a POP connection.

CU wants all connections to be ssl-enabled by January 2.  I believe it
is possible to use ssl through a pop connection, but I'm pretty
unsophisticated with mail and I haven't found any examples on the
internet.

Most ssl-enabled email connections seem to rely on IMAP and the
maildir format, neither of which interest me.  I have been looking
around for examples using fetchmail and procmail.  I wonder if anyone
on this list has resolved a situation similar to mine?  Thanks for any
advice.

Dave

David Owen Kritzberg           david at kritzberg.net
Economics Dept CB#256        Univ. of CO - Boulder
Tel: 303-492-7709            Boulder CO 80309-0256
Fax: 303-492-8960     http://dordogne.colorado.edu
GnuPG: AEDC6279 available at http://www.gnupg.org/
FBEE 913C 52AC E913 099B  976D BD74 DA9C 7BF9 EAD2