[lug] modem question

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Wed Dec 25 14:09:11 MST 2002

Ernie Stiltner wrote:

>                                                 December 25, 2002
>
> Trying to bring up a modem. And get the less than helpful message from
> kdialer - "invalid netmask value - crtscts". Nothing apparent in the help
> stuff. And going to the search engines, I see a lot of complaining
> about this
> error, but no solutions. How do I get out of this so I can do web
> stuff with
> Linux?
>
> Modem - USR 5687, ISA buss
> System - Redhat 7.2,
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Ernie Stiltner
>  stiltner at indra.com

No idea in the context of kdialer, but what is the output of "netstat"?
Do you have in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/, among files named
"ifcfg-*", an ifcfg- file that names or is related to ppp or modem (no
modem here currently, so I'm going off of memory)? If so, what are the
contents of that file?

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com