[lug] More iptables...

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Fri Dec 27 10:33:34 MST 2002

> Am I missing a few rules here?  I have some universal rules in the
> iptables chains that basically allow all packets to leave.

Logging rules for anything that will refuse, and in this case, any NAT,
could be very useful. And of course with NAT, I would assume the
internal system must generate a request for the outside to reply to...if
the game server involved tries to connect directly to your machine,
rather than as a response to your outgoing request, you will have problems.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com