[lug] RH 7.2 and xfs - some fonts not visible?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Sun Dec 29 20:08:26 MST 2002

I've heard that the X Font Server for Red Hat was compiled with some features
disabled.  I've noticed that GIMP's builtin Text tools don't see some fonts
while it does see others - all in the same font directory.  Additionally, the
FreeType plug-in for GIMP does see these fonts.  I believe this plug-in is not
dependent on xfs (the font server), so it would seem that my version of xfs
doesn't quite work as expected.

Does anyone know how to fix this?  I have XFree86 4.1.0 on this Red Hat 7.2
box.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |           Assassins do it from behind.