[lug] Qwest's Actiontec 1520 and Linux Success?

Calvin Dodge caldodge at fpcc.net
Thu Jan 2 21:23:35 MST 2003

On Thu, Jan 02, 2003 at 01:27:46PM -0700, The Matt wrote:
> I currently have an opportunity to buy an Actiontec 1520 cheap from a
> friend (who's leaving Qwest DSL), and I was wondering if there has been
> any success out there using it with Linux.

Yes, they'll work with Linux.

But I've found them to have generally poor reliability - they sometimes go catatonic after a week or two of uptime, and must be powered off/on to work again.

I've seen some good prices on Ebay for Cisco 675s and 678s. Might they fill your need?

Calvin

> "And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway?  I mean,
> all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good
> and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!" -- The Tick

It's a shame it was cancelled.

--
Calvin Dodge
Certified Linux Bigot (tm)