[lug] mail

Bob Collins bcollins at fpcc.net
Mon Jan 6 16:01:20 MST 2003

jdavis wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 14:34, Bob Collins wrote:
> > I updated to SuSE 8.1 and now my e-mail is being sent to bob, my user login.
> > Can anyone tell me what file I need to edit to change this?
> >
> > When I use yast to setup the Mail Transfer Agent it will not allow me to
> > remove bob from Incoming mail / Local user.
>
> what MTA and where is the mail supposed to go?

Yast2 is the SuSE setup program.  I run Yast2 select Network/Basic/Mail
Transfer Agent.  I then choose Dial-up {already has (x) filled in} and I
then I see the following information filled in.

Outgoing mail server smtp.fpcc.net

Incoming Mail
Downloading
Server pop.fpcc.net
Protocol Auto
Remote user name bcollins
Password ******
Local user bob

It doesn't indicate which MTA.

Maybe I should select No connection instead of Dial-up and that would
fix the problem.  I will give it a try after I send this e-mail.

I am on my old computer which I haven't screwed up for a while.  Thank
goodness I still have a computer that works on e-mail.

> jd

   Regards, Bob Collins