[lug] Reread /etc/reslov.conf

Geoff Baysinger jahf at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 12:19:37 MST 2003

--- "Wagner, Carl" <Carl.Wagner at Level3.com> wrote:
> How do I get Linux (RH 7.3) to re-read resolv.conf?  I know I can get
> it to
> work by rebooting but that is to much of a Windows-ism for me.  I
> could not
> find anything when looking at the man/info page for resolv.conf.

I thought that changes to resolv.conf should be automatic.

If you've changed it but are still seeing old DNS information, it is
probably cached. Are you running named? You might stop/start named to
see if it clears the DNS cache. I haven't had to do this for a long
time (years) so I'm not sure if that will fix your issue or not.