[lug] room for RH8

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Fri Jan 10 16:01:44 MST 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 15:53, sparling wrote:
> Hello All,
> thanx in advance for you help.
>
> i have 1.2 Gb free space to upgrade from RH7, yet when i try to install
> 8 i am told i only have 356 Mb of space which the installer tells me is
> not enough.
> how do i do the upgrade under these conditions?

Is that 1.2 GB one a single partition, or on many?  If you are using
multiple partitions, the RedHat installer may need more space on a
particular partition, like / or /usr.

If you have a separate /home partition with all the data that you care
about, you may want to forget the update and do a full installation
where you format every partition except /home.