[lug] RH 8.0 and KRUD 8.0 sporadic rpm flakiness

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Jan 11 11:08:02 MST 2003

Hi folks,

Just FYI theres a bit of flakiness in the version of rpm shipped with
Red Hat 8.0 and KRUD 8.0.  I ran into it a couple of weeks ago while
installing LabVIEW 6.1 and, at the time, I thought it was due to poorly
made RPMs.  Turns out it wasn't.  The following discussion doesn't say
exactly what causes the problem is but it does say how to cleanup things
if you run into it:

Note that, other than this *one* bug, I'm very pleased with KRUD 8.0 on
my laptop and on two servers.  Its easily the best ".0" RH (or, in this
case, RH-derived) release that I've used (and I've used all of them
since and including 5.0).

hth,
Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483