[lug] RH 8.0 and KRUD 8.0 sporadic rpm flakiness

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Jan 12 00:16:27 MST 2003

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 11:08:02AM -0700, Ed Hill wrote:
>Just FYI theres a bit of flakiness in the version of rpm shipped with
>Red Hat 8.0 and KRUD 8.0.  I ran into it a couple of weeks ago while

The URL you mention references a couple of rpm problems.  I'm assuming
that you're talking about the one where rpm will sometimes hang and you
have to delete the "/var/rpm/__db*" files before you can continue on?

If so, that's not new to 8.0 -- it's been around since they switched to
rpm version 4, IIRC.  It seems like it's some weirdness with the
Berkeley DB stuff that RPM uses for managing the information it keeps,
but that might be wrong...

It would sure be nice if they included some code to detect when it
happens and clean up, eh?

Sean
--
 We have just gotten a wake-up call from the Nintendo Generation.
                 -- Cereal Killer, _Hackers_