[lug] Combining pdf documents

John E. Koontz koontz at boulder.nist.gov
Mon Jan 13 13:43:45 MST 2003

At 11:17 AM 1/13/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>  The actual question is how to take papers submitted to the ISART conference
><http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/paper_instructions.html> and
>combine them to create the proceedings.

If the intended mode of distribution is pdf you might want to consider the
"website on a CD" approach - in other words - not combining them, but
providing a superstructure above them.  This seems to be what a lot of
professional society conferences are doing.  With the right tools you can,
of course, number the pages consecutively in this approach, too.   I have
some examples if you want to borrow them.

Not as classy as a paper publication, of course!   It depends on your goals.

John E. Koontz
NIST 896.04 PCSG
303-497-5180

N39° 59' 42.1" W 105° 15' 49.7"