[lug] video cards

Jeff feenix at ticnet.com
Mon Jan 13 22:02:57 MST 2003

Hi all:
I have a questions regarding playing DVDs on my linux box.  I have an
(old) video card that does have a DVD decoder on it.  It has a Rage128
chipset.  My question is, does anybody know where I can find a driver
that would actually use the decoder on the video card rather than the
actual system CPU?  I don't think that the XV extension of X4 will do
this, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?  I can play DVD's, but I think
that both Xine and VLC and Ogle acutally use the system CPU rather than
the decoder on the card.  Thoughts?  Thanks.

Jeff