[lug] Combining pdf documents

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Tue Jan 14 10:41:35 MST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:29:08AM -0700, Kenneth D. Weinert wrote:
>[...]
> 	Very true - the page number could be showing up just as
> content on the page and those would be a bit (a Titanic sized bit :)
> more difficult.

and real programmers _love_ real tasks (AI with an expert system --
actually a WAM is small enough to be embedded ;-)

> 	Hmmm, here's an idea - you could take in the original page,
> shrink it, and add header/footer information to every page. By far the
> easiest way to do it, and I think I've even seen some open source
> tools to do that. It's much easier because, in essence, you're just
> treating each page as an object and putting it on another page.

Oh, i LOVE this idea. Pdflatex actually can embed PDF files as
image objects ...

BTW, regarding your question about object level pdf libs: have you
ever had a look at pandalex? It looks like that might be a good
starting point.

  Ralf Mattes