[lug] IDE RAID Controller

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Tue Jan 14 21:23:44 MST 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:01:59AM -0700, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
>I've just recently acquired a computer with an IDE RAID Controller.
>This appears to be a product of Microstar International (???).  The
>product number on the manual is G52-MA00274.  Is this worth tinkering with
>or should I just replace it?

When booting, does it say "Promise" or something like "FastTrak"?  My
test of the Promise FastTrak RAID controllers made me turn to software
RAID in the Linux kernel, which seems to work quite well and definitely
has tools in the kernel that allows you to manage the arrays.

Sean
--
 "I feel lazy, but..."  "... but it's a hyper kind of lazy?"  "Yeah!"
                -- Ines and Sean, 2002