[lug] domain name registrars

Daniel Webb webb at danielwebb.us
Sat Jan 18 23:18:45 MST 2003

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003, Steve Sullivan wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with any of the competitors?
> Are they reliable?

  godaddy.com seems to be a favorite among the Slashdot crowd.  I have all
my domains (3 right now) with them now.  I haven't had any problems.  I
do my own DNS hosting, so I don't have experience with any of their
additional services.  I can't comment on their service quality, because I
have never needed it.  Everything just worked, including a transfer from
another registrar.  I think they are $8 or $9 per year for registration
only.