[lug] Linux , Mozilla, Web-dev

rm at fabula.de rm at fabula.de
Wed Jan 22 09:20:18 MST 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 07:59:19AM -0700, jd wrote:

> wow, nice set up Ralf. i beat my poor linux box into macos
> submission sometimes myself. But only on  the extiror. I have always
> wanted to setup mac on linux...can you run macromedia products and
> photoslop in there? if so this would be much nicer than my current
> vmware workaround. vmware...is ......so.......s....l ....o.....wwww :)

Installing Linux was actually pretty easy - just inserted the Debian CD ;-)
(Ok, no success getting the Alsa sound modules to produce any sound, but
that's not so urgent).
There should be no problem with Photoshop (Adobe Apps. seem to run quite
fine (from what i recall on my brother's box)). And the speed is pretty
impressive.

  Ralf