[lug] iptables limit

jd lug at taproot.bz
Fri Jan 24 15:57:37 MST 2003

Hello,

  I am trying to stop mailbombs. I have recived a few, or should
I say a few thousand mails in a matter of minutes...all bogus.
Sometimes the mail is sent from the same ip some times it
comes from differnt ips.
 So, i was wondering if anyone has used the iptables limit module
to combat stuff like this. Could someone post a example
using the limit module. I would like to block more than 50 connections
in a 5 min time frame from anyone. Or is there another way to
deal with DOS caused by resource consumption.

Thanks
jd

http://www.kastnerotte.com