[lug] OT: registrar switching

Jeff Schroeder jeff at neobox.net
Wed Jan 29 17:43:55 MST 2003

Hugh wrote:

> I was getting ready to move away all my domains from NetSol and
> noticed that the new registrar would require me to pay them a fee if
> I ever left them.  Does anyone know if NetSol charges a fee if you
> move to a different registrar?  If so, how much is it?

I moved all my domains from NetSol a couple years back and don't
remember any transfer fee.

Unless you really like the registrar you're moving to, I'd find another
one that doesn't lock you in like that.  It seems pretty unusual to
require you to pay to leave, and there are plenty of registrars out
there that don't have such fees.

$0.02,
Jeff