[lug] cgi shell

Peter Janett mlists at newmediaone.com
Mon Feb 3 16:42:16 MST 2003

What you need to do is make sure your permissions are correct on your
server, as the web server is public, and should be treated as a system user.
So anything you don't want accessed via a script like this need to have
permissions that protect it from user "nobody", or whatever user your web
server is running as.

You can also have Perl scripts run as different users using SuExe with
Apache, but the same issues hold true, just for multiple users instead of
one.

HTH,

Peter Janett

New Media One Web Services
New Upgrades Are Now Live!!!
Windows 2000 accounts - Cold Fusion 5.0 and Imail 7.1
Sun Solaris (UNIX) accounts - PHP 4.1.2, mod_perl/1.25,
Stronghold/3.0 (Apache/1.3.22), MySQL 3.23.43
PostgreSQL coming soon!

http://www.newmediaone.net
webmaster at newmediaone.net
(303)828-9882