[lug] Evolution

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Feb 4 14:59:31 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 16:34, Ed Hill wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 14:21, jd wrote:
> > Hello,
> >   Evolution is driving me crazy....and proablly not making
> > the BLUG list very happy either. I Have multiple email
> > addys and only one is subscribed to blug. My old mail clients
> > would set the return addresss to the address that recived the mail
> > I was replying too.  Evolution....or at least mine, just uses
> > the default account to send all mail unless i specify witch account
> > to use. So this causes many issues with List that are members only.
> > My mail gets held in que until reviewed...then posted to the list...
> > usally to late to help  or flow with the thread.
> >
> > Is there a way to fix this....I thought Evolution did this...
> > Maybe i broke it, The spell check I for sure broke some how...
> > it doesnt work anymore as I am sure some of you have noticed.
> >
> > Think its time for a more robust mailer..or just some config changes
> > Any suggestions?
>

> Hi "jd",
>
> I don't remember the settings for older versions but Evolution 1.2.1
> allows you to set the Reply-To: address for every account.  Thus, you
> could have the same Reply-To: across all your accounts.
>
> Its right there in:
>
>   Tools -> Settings -> Mail Accounts
>     -> (select an account) -> Edit -> Optional Information
>
> and is left blank (meaning, Reply-To will be the same as the account
> address) by default.
>
> hth,
> Ed

I'm using evolution to reply and I have it checking two accounts.  If I
reply to an email, it is automatically responding with the address to
which it was sent.  If I create a new message, I have to remember to
select the From: in the pull down menu.

Another option is to subscribe your default account to the list and then
turn off mail delivery.

Hugh