Aside: Re: [lug] Evolution

Hugh Brown hugh at math.byu.edu
Tue Feb 4 15:02:09 MST 2003

On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 16:49, The Matt wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-02-04 at 14:34, Ed Hill wrote:
> <snip>
> > I don't remember the settings for older versions but Evolution 1.2.1
> > allows you to set the Reply-To: address for every account.  Thus, you
> > could have the same Reply-To: across all your accounts.
>
> Just as an aside, if you use Evolution, and aren't using 1.2.1, go get
> it now.  If you are plagued by the lockups that sometimes happened with
> earlier versions (the type that led to multiple evolution-mail's running
> under ps -ef needing a kill), 1.2.1 somehow fixed them.  I'm still not
> sure what bug this was, but I'm much happier now that it's fixed.

For the times that evolution does lock up, use killev to get rid of
everything.

I have found evolution to be terrible at syncing with a palm (duplicates
records ad nauseum), I've also had the problem with 1.2.1 that it
wouldn't show me info for any INBOX until all INBOX's had been
retrieved.  very irritating when one mail server is close by and the
other is far away.

YMMV,

Hugh