[lug] USB 2.0 and other HW issues

Ferdinand Schmid fschmid at archenergy.com
Thu Feb 6 10:54:33 MST 2003

HI,
I am currently looking at new motherboards.  It appears that USB 1.1
has just about disappeared from the current models.  Linux on the
other hand doesn't support USB 2.0 yet.  I understand that this will
be part of the 2.6 kernel.

Ditto for chipsets - on the AMD side it is now just about completely
Via 8x (SIS 8x) ...  Not properly supported under Linux yet.

Are we back to the days when you had to hand pick components to make
them work under Linux or am I missing something (somewhat likely)?

Any feedback/info is welcome.

Ferdinand

--
Ferdinand Schmid