[lug] Golden Hacking Society meeting Wed the 12th @ 7pm

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Sat Feb 8 17:35:16 MST 2003

Hi folks,

Due to recent illness and visiting relatives I've been unable to post
messages for or attend the past two Wednesdays.  With that over, I'm now
looking forward to a Golden HS meeting this Wednesday at 7pm at Higher
Grounds.

For those thinking of attending, the goal is to:

  "...foster geek community-building through the shared experience
   of hacking. Of course, by "hacking", [we] mean the more historic
   meaning of working on interesting projects (Jargon File "hack"
   entry, sense 6). Not the "script kiddies trying to compromise
   boxes" meaning which has become what most people think of in
   relation to the term."
     [http://hackingsociety.org/whatisit/index.html]

and everyone is invited.  HS meetings are totally free-form and
generally involve coding, discussions and/or demos of various Free- and
Open Source-related topics/projects, hands-on help for "Linux newbies",
free wireless (802.11b) broadband, and plenty of caffeinated beverages.

For full details (including directions) please visit:

  http://hackingsociety.com/chapters/golden/

Hope to see you there!

Ed

ps - Would anyone be interested in having dinner beforehand (5:30-ish)
     at The Capitol Grill?

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD
Post-Doctoral Researcher   |  Email:  ed at eh3.com,  ehill at mines.edu
Division of ESE            |  URLs:   http://www.eh3.com
Colorado School of Mines   |    http://cesep.mines.edu/people/hill.htm
Golden, CO  80401          |  Phones:  303-384-2094, 303-273-3483