[lug] Sound driver

Zan Lynx zlynx at acm.org
Mon Feb 10 11:02:25 MST 2003

The only difference I can see from your description is the network.

It might be a problem with your host name.  At work, I imagine that your
laptop gets a particular name from the network name server.  If you
originally configured your laptop at work, something in the sound system
may be trying to use that name.

I believe KDE uses the arts sound server.  I don't have any experience
with that.

Try putting your laptop's name from work into your /etc/hosts file as
127.0.0.1.