[lug] boot loader setup

jhaahei2 at gac.edu jhaahei2 at gac.edu
Wed Feb 12 10:19:32 MST 2003

this is really a continuation of one of my last questions:

at this point, i've reinstalled redhat 8 on what is now my slave hard
drive.  windows xp is on the master, and during installation i wrote grub
to the windows drive's mbr.  now when i boot my computer, it goes to a
message saying  something like 'loading grub stage2'.  that takes a while,
and then it brings me to a grub prompt:

grub>

i'm lost with what to do at this point.  I was expecting the graphical
screen that would give me the choice between the two oses that were
detected during redhat 8 installation.  is there something more i need to
do to finish installing grub?  How do i get the graphical screen to pop
up?

thanks,
justin