OFFTOPIC: Netflix (was: Re: [lug] Revoution OS movie tonight at CU)

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Feb 15 02:38:50 MST 2003

On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:33:51AM -0500, Joseph McDonald wrote:
>How is Netfilx? I'm so annoyed with Blockbuster that I've been
>considering going with Netflix. Can you let us know how you like
>it?

NetFlix is great...  It's a DVD rental service that's fairly popular
with geeks.  It's run by e-mail and a web browser.  You select movies to
rent via a web-site, then they send you the top N DVDs via mail -- you
rip off the front sheet from the envelope to get at the DVD, which turns
the envelope into a pre-paid, addressed envelope to return the DVDs in.

There are no late fees -- you keep the movie until you're done with it,
then send it back and when they get it back they send you another one.
your only responsibility is to put the DVD back in the envelope and put
it in your mail-box.  It's super convenient.

If you have a friend who is signed up to NetFlix, mention them when you
sign up and they get some bonus.

Sean
--
 I'd like an order of fries, a quarter-pounder with cheese,
 I love the light in your eyes, will you go out with me please.