[lug] Programming

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Fri Feb 21 18:06:12 MST 2003

I noticed that C# was mentioned.  I'd stay away from that.  It's
Microsoft's "answer" to Java, and I didn't think it was cross platform.

If you want to stick with C++, then forget about MFC, and learn
wxWindows.  It's an open source toolkit that links on both Linux and
Windows, without having a bunch of #ifdefs in yout code.  You just take
one set of code, compile it on Linux and BAM.  Then take the same set of
code, compile it on Windows, and BAM, BAM.

http://www.wxwindows.org

Viggy

PS.  If you don't have a pressing need for C++, I'd just use Java.