Addendum: Re: [lug] combatting hard drive heat

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Sun Feb 23 18:05:34 MST 2003

It looks like floppies that were sitting in the floppy drive were also
damaged by the heat :(  I can no longer do more than a partial read on
other floppy drives on other machines without an I/O error. I find I
wish I could burn a new CD with my old windows CD and add the drivers
for that to the new burned CD so I could dump floppies forever. Floppies
really are fragile, I now hate them with a passion, like old cassette
audio tapes getting eaten by the cassette player.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com