[lug] Is this scsi/kernel notation what i think it is...

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Sun Mar 2 20:02:21 MST 2003

D. Stimits wrote:

> Additional question I forgot to ask...what would be the "proper" way to
> fix this, since the drive has only the original two partitions, and no
> spare partitions? I can't exactly fsck on partitions that don't exist,
> and fstab does not have any entries for sdb5 through 9.

Problem is solved, it might be interesting to know about it. 08 is the
major number, and 21 through 23 are the minor numbers in 08:21 through
08:23, but the 21 through 23 were hex (meaning parts of sdc not sdb), on
a drive that is not even used. I formatted that drive and it no longer
complains. Strange that it would care about it when it isn't even mounted.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com