[lug] CIPE questions

Bear Giles bgiles at coyotesong.com
Mon Mar 3 17:08:24 MST 2003

I totally spaced out the BLUG meeting last month, so maybe people
already have the answers to my CIPE questions.  Or maybe there
weren't answers at the time, but people were inspired to try it
out for themselves....

I want to set up a CIPE network between my home network and my
colo box.  Sitting between us is an AT&T/Comcast cable modem
connection.  Has anyone tried to set up CIPE through AT&T?  Have
they succeeded, or is it filtering CIPE traffic?

Secondly, I want to send X traffic through the CIPE connection.
Again, have people succeeded?  Have they noticed latency problems?

I know about SSH tunnels, but I would prefer to set up a real VPN.
  I would actually prefer to use IPv6 with IPSEC (using OpenBSD
gateways on both ends), but I don't think I have IPv6
connectivity.  And FreeS/WAN is just too non-standard.

Bear