[lug] Best way to locate a memory leak

Daniel Webb webb at danielwebb.us
Thu Mar 6 01:17:15 MST 2003

A little late the conversation, but I'll throw in my 2 cents: Valgrind is
the best programming tool on my computer.  It has saved my butt many
times.  I haven't even used the memory leak features, but the bad memory
accesses it finds are amazing.  There were (are) many production level
packages that have memory problems detected by Valgrind.