[lug] OT: (I think) Starting an ISP...

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Tue Mar 11 10:36:09 MST 2003

The Trango equipment is very good, from what I've seen of it.

Sustained 7+ Mb/s throughput on simple stuff like FTP transfers between two
units in a semi-non-scientific "basement test" of two units.

HTML interface, simple setup, appears to be pretty secure.  5GHz RF,
antennas built in will do both horizonal and vertical polarization, built-in
ability to do a site-survey and test on all frequencies and antenna
polarizations...

Good option for someone doing wireless point-to-point or service off a
tower, etc.

Not as cheap as 802.11b, but less susceptible to various interference
problems in 2.4 GHz, etc.

Nate Duehr, nate at natetech.com