[lug] [OT] (X)emacs mode for xslt?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Tue Mar 11 21:24:54 MST 2003

Scott Herod wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone had much experience editing XSLT in (x)emacs?  I'd love to have
> a mode that worked even half as well as the c-mode variants.  xml-mode
> (which is built on PSGML-mode) just doesn't like to run without a DTD.
> Is it time to pull out the Lisp book?

Sorry, I don't use emacs (but I'm a nice guy anyway). I've been looking
for XSLT tools lately though, and found xsltproc so far to be the best
available, with too many problems using apache and other tools. I am
just curious if you have any experience with xsltproc? I'm finding that
throwing together an xhtml doc from it isn't as easy as it looks at
first (the goal being a different stylesheet for different browsers and
different javascript support...write the page once, get XSLT to
transform it based on browser).

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com