[lug] [OT] (X)emacs mode for xslt?

Scott Herod herod at dimensional.com
Wed Mar 12 13:50:13 MST 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, D. Stimits wrote:

> I have always had trouble getting Xalan to install correctly for Java
> version, and trouble with compiling with the C++ version (partially this
> is because of trying to install and set up Xerces, and not directly due
> to Xalan), but xsltproc comes on the system, with no setup required.

Actually, someone had already gotten libxalan built so I didn't have to
deal with it.  For the Java version I have xalan-j_2_4_1-bin.tar.gz and
java version "1.4.1_01" (sdk).  There was a trick that was a bit subtle to
discover.  The xalan and xerces jar files must go in a special place to
override the older versions built into java.  The jars; at least
xalan.jar, xercesImpl.jar, xml-apis.jar, must be placed in
j2sdk1.4.1_01/jre/lib/endorsed/.

I do know that the latest version of Xalan C needs an older version of
Xerces (1.6 I think).

> D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com

Scott