[lug] File server case

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Mar 11 12:14:42 MST 2003

I'm looking into putting together a linux file server and was wondering
if anyone had found a case they particularly like.  I'd like something
with a fair amount of disk capacity, perhaps 12-14 disks, though I'm
toying with the idea of going overboard in this department.

One thing that seems somewhat odd is that most of the internal bays of
the cases I've seen are 5 1/4", though most disks are 3 1/2" so you end
up with a lot of adapters.  I could see with external bays you have the
option of installing hot-swap (or cold-swap) hardware.

- Orion