[lug] New feature in latest kernel?

Justin-lists glow at jackmoves.com
Tue Mar 18 13:20:54 MST 2003

I just noticed this after upgrading to the newest Redhat kernel, 2.4.18-27.8.0. When I do a ps some of the processes show up with brackets around the actual process name:
8378 ?        S      0:08 [httpd]

Where before it would show the actual path to the binary:
xxxx ?        S      1:00 /usr/local/apache/sbin/httpd

Is this supposed to be this way? It doesn't just put brackets around httpd but for other processes as well:
    2 ?        SW     0:00 [keventd]
    3 ?        SW     0:00 [kapmd]
    4 ?        SWN    0:00 [ksoftirqd_CPU0]
    5 ?        SW     0:00 [kswapd]