[lug] screenshot

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Mar 19 08:12:12 MST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-19 at 00:07, jd wrote:
> hello,
>   is it possibel to take a screenshot while mplayer is playing a
> avi and capture it....instead of a blue box where the movie should be.

Maybe.  I think it depends on whether mplayer is letting the hardware
drive the screen in that location or whether the images are going
through the X server.  If mplayer is using the Xv extension, then I
think not since that allows the hardware to draw directly to the
screen.  If mplayer is using any other hardware APIs to handle the
display directly (and the images do not go through the X server for
processing) then you won't be able to do the screen capture.

I haven't tried this, but I don't use the Xv extension or hardware
features to play movies - I just use the X11 output method - so
technically a screen shot should be possible with this setup.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com