[lug] NTP question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Wed Mar 19 13:50:54 MST 2003

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 01:47:10AM -0700, Nate Duehr wrote:
>Wouldn't running the hardware clock in UTC take care of this?  It wouldn't
>have to be updated for DST changes at all then...?

You'd hope so, but that doesn't seem to be the case...  Unless I was
confused and have only seen it on servers I didn't realize were set up
with some sort of local clock.  I always set clocks on machines I
configure to use the UTC hardware clock, and I know I've seen this...

Sean
--
 Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
                 -- Fred Brooks