[lug] adjtimex doc?

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Thu Mar 20 12:24:00 MST 2003

Hi,
I've looked all over for some good doc on the syscall adjtimex.
It's all pretty cryptic ... basically a man page with
the parm names - offset, freq, status, precision, etc -
but no real doc on how the parms are used.

My question is:  when I issue a gettimeofday() call, exactly
how are all those adjtimex parms used in calculating the result?

Or are they?  If not, how are they used in the kernel?

Many thanks,

Steve

Steve Sullivan    sullivan at mathcom.com

   Mathcom Solutions Inc.: Custom Software Development.
    * Mathematical optimization, simulation, and modeling.
    * Data mining, information retrieval.
    * Java, XML, C++, Mathematica, Matlab, XSLT, XQuery, SOAP, RMI, ...

http://www.mathcom.com    303-494-7115