[lug] gnome2.2 themes

jd lug at taproot.bz
Thu Mar 20 17:17:45 MST 2003

Hello,
 I have a few "look and feel" questions about Gnome2.2 .

1. Is it possible to edit the drop down "start" menu anymore. Like
removing the "office" "other" and "kde" choices and there sub-menus?
I have been able to remove entries on the drop down menu as long as
they do not have a sub-menu, but items with a submenu i cant remove.
Is there still the gnome menu editor for this kind of stuff?

2. I cant get my GTK2 themes to work completly. I can get the metacity
themes to change the window-border-styles but i cant get GTK themes to
affect the "button" and "progress-bar" stuff. The only affect i really
see from the GTK2 themes is on my panels. I am using a Mac type theme
that causes panels to have little pin stripes. But none of the
Mac looking buttons are showing up. Just generic buttons.  Is there
a way to skin buttons and stuff that used to be handeled with GTK
themes?

Thanks,
jd