[lug] adjtimex doc?

Steve Sullivan sullivan at mathcom.com
Thu Mar 20 21:33:03 MST 2003

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your interesting, if crusty, reply.  One of the
sites you mentioned (Mills) is useful for theory, but
hardly mentions adjtimex directly.  The other two
sites you mention were
  http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/mini/Clock-3.html
  http://wwwacs.gantep.edu.tr/cgi-bin/man-cgi?adjtimex
These are simply redigests of the man pages, as I mentioned in
my original query.

The editorial content of your email was unnecessary, as I'd
already reviewed Mills' site and a number of others you
failed to mention.  But then I guess postdocs have to
get their kicks in somehow!

I'm finally finding the answers to my questions
in the Linux kernel code itself.  I'd hope to avoid
digging through the kernel, but now I'm convinced that's
the best place.  Thank goodness for open source!

Steve

Steve Sullivan    sullivan at mathcom.com

   Mathcom Solutions Inc.: Custom Software Development.
    * Mathematical optimization, simulation, and modeling.
    * Data mining, information retrieval.
    * Java, XML, C++, Mathematica, Matlab, XSLT, XQuery, SOAP, RMI, ...

http://www.mathcom.com    303-494-7115