[lug] grub splash images

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Fri Mar 21 17:24:28 MST 2003

Ok, I noticed that KRUD has a fairly nice splash image on the grub menu
for KRUD 8, so I tried creating some just for fun. The color depth or
other features appear splotchy, a result of bad color choices in
converting from one format to another. [if the win98 install hadn't
blown away the boot partition I'd use the original image and extract
data from it] Does anyone here know the recommended color depth or
palette and dimensions for the grub splash screen?

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi DOT com